Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Giving Thanks... (Dec 2011)

From the Green Room:

Hello Hello! I hope everyone has had a good month. This has been another great month out on the road from the South Pacific National Tour. We finished up in Austin, did a split week down south (MS, LA, and TX) and then went our own ways for a much needed Thanksgiving break. We came back to two great week long sit downs in New Orleans and Orlando. Both cities have beautiful performing arts centers and great audiences to match! Also in New Orleans, we were joined by a new nurse, Ann Northern! Some of you may remember me mentioning Jenny Peirsol broke her foot in Milwaukee. Well, we finally got a replacement! Ann will be with us until Jenny gets back. She learned the entire track in two and a half days before going on for the first time. Pretty impressive Ann! Welcome to the cast!

From outside the Green Room:

This month was split up nicely with a week off for Thanksgiving. It was so nice to spend time with my family and recharge the batteries in the comfort of my own home. This month we also visited one of my favorite spots on the tour so far, too bad it was only for a single night. Oxford, Mississippi is a beautiful suburban southern town with a gorgeous college (Ole Miss) stuck right in the middle. It felt very mid-west and I felt very much at peace there. On the other end of the spectrum, we stayed about two blocks away from Bourbon Street in New Orleans. Good times were definitely had on Rue Bourbon, although I found myself enjoying the smaller, less touristy Frenchman Street a little more. Better live music, cheaper drinks, and a less rowdy crowd. Orlando was also a great time. A large group from the cast was able to secure comp tickets to Disney World through friends, so we had a large cast outting on Wednesday. For the Disney purists, cover your ears... we hit three parks in one day!

Lessons Learned:

This industry is non-stop. Complacency will only get you back on unemployment. As 2011 is coming to a close, I cannot help but start thinking about what 2012 could hold. This tour will run until June 2012, which still leaves me with six solid months of potential work on different projects. I've been spending time putting together lists of regional theater companies I've auditioned for in the past so I can be sure to email them and let them know I'd love to be considered for their upcoming summer seasons as well, despite missing the spring audition season in NYC. It's really inspirational to talk to my cast-mates about all of the regional/summer theater work that they've done. I've asked a couple for recommendations because they all have some they loved and some they hated! Gotta pay those dues to the theater gods I guess! If anyone knows any good regional companies they think I'd be a good fit for and would like to pass on my information, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Hope all is well,

Andrew Mauney
www.andrewmauney.com

No comments:

Post a Comment