Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Aaaaaand we're off.... (Sept 2011)

From the Green Room:

FINALLY! Rehearsals have started! Hurray! We got started with rehearsals on August 29th for the 2nd National Tour of South Pacific and things are going great so far. With just two weeks under our belts, we were able to put on a pretty solid run through for the design team (including Broadway revival director, Bartlett Sher). We are having a couple polishing days before we head off to Waterbury, CT to begin our two week tech process. It's been fascinating being a part of such a well organized and extremely professional process. The cast, the crew, the props, the rehearsal space (The New 42nd St. Studios, which are beautiful) have all been utterly amazing. I hope anyone that can see the show, gets to! It's going to be incredible.


From outside the Green Room:

Things in New York have been extremely busy the last month. Between quitting coaching at Super Soccer Stars, rehearsals starting, seeing friends before I leave, and trying to ready my room for my sub-letter, I feel like I haven't had a free moment... and I love it! For all the actors out there, I can honestly say that Super Soccer Stars is the one reason I am still in NYC pursuing this career. If you hate your survival job, look into coaching. You don't need to know anything about soccer, you play with kids all day, and it pays really well. No more waiting tables or handing out flyers for this guy...

Lessons Learned:

My take away for this month has to be persistence. If I've learned anything in the last two years of striving to be a working actor, it's that it's not easy. As I mentioned, the only way I was able to stay in NYC and not go insane was finding my coaching job. It has been a tumultuous past two years but it is all 100% worth it to be standing in that rehearsal space, preparing for such an incredible journey. I still can't believe that someone is willing to pay me for what I'd do for free (don't tell NETworks).

Hope all is well,

Andrew Mauney
www.andrewmauney.com

No comments:

Post a Comment